by Soheyla Kovach
Every business day, you'll find topics on business, politics and the economy tied to the industry's first and still only manufactured housing market report. Here's a recent one as an example.
Time for a “perp walk,” says one senator, while her colleague says the accused is “trying.” What does the accused say? Who’s on first base on this MH lender-connected issue?
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports’ are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Puerto Rico is still in a major cash crunch
- Ford to slash $14 billion in costs
- 5 numbers that prove Puerto Rico is still in crisis
- Snapchat teams up with Jeff Koons on AR sculptures
- Apple update fixes iPhone 8 crackle issues
- Will international tourists shun Vegas?
- Bannon, Breitbart warn Trump on gun control
- Warren Buffett trolls Trump and GOP on tax cuts
- Warren to Wells Fargo CEO: ‘You should be fired’
- ID theft nightmares: ‘It’s the fear of losing money’
- Tom Petty’s daughter angry over inaccurate report
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Equifax awarded $7M anti-fraud prevention contract by the IRS
- New Equifax CEO could get $3M payday
- Major indexes hit record highs 2nd day; autos, airlines jump
- Oil prices dip on profit-taking and U.S. production fears
- Yahoo says all 3B accounts affected in 2013 hack
- Social Security number has ‘outlived its usefulness’, WH cybersecurity coordinator says
- MGM contributes $3M to Las Vegas shooting victims’ fund
- Elizabeth Warren: Wells Fargo CEO should be fired
- Las Vegas shooter wired $100k to the Philippines
- GM making ‘rapid progress’ toward self-driving car deployment: executive
- Amazon, Georgia: If you name it, will company come?
- Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock described as well-off gambler, loner
- Auto sales rebound in September
- Yankees star Aaron Judge tops MLB jersey sales in 2017
- Ford CEO faces first big test as he meets with investors
- The Latest: Owners of plant that burned during Harvey sued
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,534.58 +5.46(+0.22%)
Dow 30 22,641.67 +84.07(+0.37%)
Nasdaq 6,531.71 +15.00(+0.23%)
Crude Oil 50.36 -0.22(-0.43%)
Gold 1,273.50 -2.30(-0.18%)
Silver 16.65 -0.01(-0.05%)
EUR/USD 1.1748 +0.0014(+0.12%)
10-Yr Bond 2.334 -0.003(-0.13%)
Russell 2000 1,511.97 +2.49(+0.17%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg closing ticker graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Senate Banking Committee Battle on MH Lender, Wells Fargo, Continues
Wells Fargo continues to hold the news coverage coming from the Senate Banking Committee. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has called for a “perp walk” of those guilty in the ongoing scandal that’s embroiled the lender, which has ties to both Berkshire Hathaway and manufactured housing lending.
“At best you were incompetent, at worst you were complicit,” Senator Warren said. “Either way, you should be fired.”
Meanwhile, Senator Jon Testor (D-MT) pushed back on his colleague, saying about the Wells CEO “Tim Sloan’s trying to do the right thing,” but adding that the bank must fix its culture.
The videos above provide key statements from each of those three voices.
For a prior report – including the top 5 MH Industry lending companies – click here. “We Provide, You Decide.” ©
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.