Innovation - Information - Inspiration for Industry Professionals
MHMarketingSalesManagement.com = MHProNews.com
Publisher – LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC
MHMSM.com Advisory Board
Industry News Sources:
Danny Ghorbani - MHARR
Richard 'Dick' Jennison - MHI
State and Community Associations
Contributing writers for current or previous issues (alphabetically by last name):
Beth Monicatti Blank
Douglas D. Chasick, CPM
Suzanne S. Felber
Danny Ghorbani - MHARR
L. A. 'Tony' Kovach
Thayer Long - MHI
James J. Talerico, Jr.
Stephen Wheeler and Marilyn Kuntemeyer
1. Featured Articles Writer's Submission Guidelines:
There are no word limits, we have authors who do articles from 300 to 3000 words. They first key is to keep the content industry relevant. Good, well written copy for our readers = Good PR for you and your firm. We believe in a 'win-win' approach! We also believe in a solution orientation to problems, if you see an issue or challenge you want to address, please propose a reasonable solution and your thinking for that solution.
We do welcome and encourage the following:
- Head and shoulder photo of the author - readers like to 'see' who wrote the article.
- When appropriate, we welcome photos, graphics and charts that illustrate the article. One of the tremendous advantages of an Online Trade Journal (Ezine) like ours is that photos and graphics can be freely used.
- When using photos or graphs, please send them individually as attachments, as well as embedded into your article. If your software allows you to output your article in both Word format and as a PDF, please do both when submitting a graphic/photos in your articles, as Word displays differently from computer to computer. The PDF version will let us see more precisely what you had in mind.
- Please provide a suggested Title and your name will be on the by line under the title. At the end of the article, provide a brief bio. Your company's name, website and your contact info are welcome (including phone and email, as you wish). Do not use all caps in the article title or headline.
- Please submit your articles using a 10 point Tahoma font, and in Word document format.
- Please provide 'resource box' information. All authors who are also advertisers can have hot links to their jump pages or other online content in their resource box at the end of the article, along with their photo and content information.
- Please see a few of our Featured Articles to get actual examples of the points above.
- All articles must offer genuine information, case studies, etc. they can't be 'Advertising.'
We welcome and encourage a variety of viewpoints on a wide range of manufactured housing, modular, pre-fab, panelized or other factory-built home related topics. Avoid profanity or any remark that might appear disparaging of another firm, person, product etc. that is part of the factory built housing Industry. As the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." This policy will help you win more people to your viewpoint.
Naturally, we reserve the right to edit content.
Feature articles should be submitted 10 days or more prior to the next issue. Our issues 'go live' on the evening prior or near the first of the month. Our normal cut off time for an issue is 1 week prior to 'going live' on our site.
Please be sure that "Proposed Article for MHMSM.com" appears in the subject line.
2. Industry Voices Blog Submission Guidelines
Think of this column as an online "Letters to the Editor" - your Op-Ed column - often for 'time sensitive' issues and doesn't have to wait for our monthly issue. Well written Industry Voices posts can be posted within 48 hours may be highlighted in our emailed news updates to thousands of professional readers weekly.
While our Industry Voices writers are allowed to share their company name and some basic contact info, the proposed post must be a news or opinion type item of industry relevance, not an advertisement.
Please Visit the Industry Voices blog for an idea of what we have published and what type of items we are looking for.
3. "Cup of Coffee" Submission Guidelines
A "Cup of Coffee with…" is a great opportunity for industry professionals to introduce themselves to a wider audience of colleagues and have their voices heard on a few issues of importance.
A "Cup of Coffee with…" interview uses a format of a series of questions about you and the industry that you answer.
These interviews are then published (subject to editorial approval) in a regular feature article issue of MHMSM.com.
4. Press Corporate Press Release Submission Guidelines
Must be a "news" type item, not an advertisement. The news may, however, be product, service or announcement related.
Should be submitted in "Press Release" format. For an example of how a Press Release should be formatted, see Formatting Press Releases.
There is a $75 charge for a Press Release. Some associations press releases are done for free. Press releases are also included for our sponsors at no charge. See our advertising section for contact information.
Please be sure that "Proposed Press Release for MHProNews.com" appears in the subject line.
5. People and Promotions Submission Guidelines
For for information about submitting your company's People and Promotions news, please visit the People and Promotions page on this website, where you can download a form to make your submission easier.
The same guidelines apply as a Corporate Press Release, see above.
6. If you want to submit an item for our INspirations Blog (photo, video, quotations or other written or multi-media items), please keep the following in mind:
Give proper credits for photos, videos, quotations, etc.
Don't just send some internet item without checking it out. Please send the link to an item such as the Iwo Jima item and make sure it is a real source. Even if an item is inspirational, we want it to be accurate not junk. Please send the link to any proof of authenticity that may be available.
Provide your name, company name or website, and if you like, your title.
If you are on Linkedin, we recommend you include your Linkedin.com profile link. Example: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
Thank you and please spread the good word to others!
7. Advertising. Please go to the Advertising page for details. We offer Classified Ads and Jobs Ads for a fee, but our Sponsors get classifieds and jobs ads free with certain limits. Sponsors also get jump pages, can be included in our emailed newsletters and much more. Please contact us via our Advertise page for details.
Our advertisers have the benefit of being showcased on the single largest business to business platform in the Factory-Built Housing Industry’s history. No other trade publication or 'similar' website comes close to our traffic, so our rates are the best value in the Industry.
We thank you for your interest in writing for the largest and fastest growing factory built housing publication! Good writing here is popular and it is a victory for our great INdustry!